Laser Eye Surgery
TREATMENT WITHOUT TOUCHING EYE WITH NO-TOUCH EXCIMER LASER IN MEDICAL PARK GAZİOSMANPAŞA HOSPITAL
What is No Touch Laser?
In classical laser therapy that have been performed to get rid of eyeglasses and contact lens for a long time, your eye is necessarily touched.There is no device contact to eye in the laser therapy that is performed with laser method, called as TransPRK (No Touch) technique.Looking at the distant light source within seconds is sufficient to perform the therapy.
What is the difference of TransPRK (No Touch) technique from the other laser therapy methods?
In LASIK and intraLASIK (femto-second) techniques, classical therapy methods, corneal tissue in eye is cut by a special knife or laser and then the therapy is performed.In PRK technique, anterior wall of eye is melted by alcohol and scratched. Then, the therapy is carried out.These procedures are not carried out in No Touch Therapy, the therapy is completed in single step. In this method, looking at a distant light source for less than 50 seconds is sufficient.This method reduces the risk of progressive thinning of cornea secondary to the surgery and development of high astigmatism secondary to the surgery which are possibly observed following LASIK and femto-second (intraLASIK, i-LASIK) therapies and called as ectasia, to almost zero. Moreover, the risk of retinal tear is completely eliminated, which is caused by vacuum (aspiration) ring that is necessarily applied to eye in LASIK and femto-second methods.
Why No Touch Laser?
• The therapy is completed within seconds.
• The membrane is not resected, the eye is not scratched and no segment is elevated.
• Epithelium, covering of eye, is not irrigated with alcohol, the epithelium is not scratched.
• No pain is felt during the therapy.
• Bilateral eyes are treated in the same session.
• Eyes are not closed following the treatment.
• It is carried out for the patients with thin cornea.
• Risk of ectasia is almost zero.
• Risk of retinal tear is zero.
• Problems such as wrinkled membrane, collection of cell beneath membrane do not develop.
• This procedure can be carried out for the individuals with myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
• Severity of dry eye that develops following the therapy is low and temporary.